About PDP 2016
Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing has undergone impressive changes over recent years. New architectures and applications have rapidly become the central focus of the discipline. These changes are often a result of cross-fertilization of parallel and distributed technologies with other rapidly evolving technologies. It is of paramount importance to review and assess these new developments in comparison with recent research achievements in well-established areas of parallel and distributed computing from industry and the scientific community. PDP 2016 will provide a forum for the presentation of these and other issues through original research presentations and will facilitate the exchange of knowledge and new ideas at the highest technical level.
Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
- Parallel Computing: massively parallel machines; embedded parallel and distributed systems; multi- and many-core systems; GPU and FPGA based parallel systems; parallel I/O; memory organization.
- Distributed and Network-based Computing: Cluster, Grid, Web and Cloud computing; mobile computing; interconnection networks.
- Big Data: large scale data processing; distributed databases and archives; large scale data management; metadata; data intensive applications.
- Models and Tools: programming languages and environments; runtime support systems; performance prediction and analysis; simulation of parallel and distributed systems.
- Systems and Architectures: novel system architectures; high data throughput architectures; service-oriented architectures; heterogeneous systems; shared-memory and message-passing systems; middleware and distributed operating systems; dependability and survivability; resource management.
- Advanced Algorithms and Applications: distributed algorithms; multi-disciplinary applications; computations over irregular domains; numerical applications with multi-level parallelism; real-time distributed applications.
In addition, special sessions will address upcoming novel topics:
- GPU computing and Many Integrated Core Computing
- Formal Approaches to Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Advances in High-Performance Bioinformatics, Systems and Synthetic Biology
- Security in Parallel, Distributed and Network-Based Computing
- Energy Efficient Management of Parallel Systems, Platforms, and Computations
- Cloud Computing on Infrastructure as a Service and its Applications
- High Performance Computing in Modelling and Simulation
- On-Chip Parallel and Network-Based Systems
- Multi-Core and Many-Core systems for Embedded Computing
Euromicro is an international scientific organization advancing sciences and applications of Information Technology and Microelectronics. A major focus is on organizing conferences and workshops in Computer Science and Computer Engineering. Euromicro is a non-profit association founded in 1974 and annual conferences have taken place in more than 20 countries all over Europe.
Participate in PDP2016
Call for PapersWe invite you to consider submitting papers to the 24th Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing PDP 2016.
Special SessionsIn addition, special sessions will address upcoming novel topics.
PDP 2016 will be held in the Aquila Atlantis Hotel, Crete